THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Monday, May 5, 2008

A Fish Story

Greetings one and all! Yesterday, my dad came over to our house to visit a while. He told me and Riley about a fishin' hole a few miles down the road from our house. He has been pumping leases for this guy, so the guy said he could fish in the pond. Riley, of course, was rip roarin' and ready to go. After gathering our gear me, Riley, and my dad loaded up and headed off. Within the first few minutes of fishing, we had all angled a fish. The one my dad caught was the only one big enough to keep.

A few minutes later I spotted two humongigantic bass! After a few failed attempts, I switch to a green lizard. Almost as soon as put it in the water, I caught the bigger of the two bass' eye. He moved closer and closer and then... BAM! Up swam a tiny perch who snatched up the lure. For a minute I thought I might catch two at the same, because the bass started trying to eat the perch. In the end the perch got away.

So then I again started trying to get 'im. After a few casts I finally got him to bite. I started really crankin' that reel. I got him up to the bank, and, but of course, the line snapped. He flopped up on dry land, so I thought I still had a chance. I grabbed and grabbed, but it was meaningless. He got away.

In the end I did end up catching a pretty good 4 1/2 pounder. I also, of course, caught the biggest and the most fish ;)

8 comments:

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

Nice, nice, nice...i'd be glad to let you drive me there!

Course of Perfection said...

Fish stories are my favorite!

They did catch a nice little mess of fish. We're having it for lunch today. Way to go, Colt!

Sea-gal said...

Way to go Colten! You inspired me and I went to the pond to fish -only caught two little ones and threw them back. But, that's ok - its about the thrill of the hunt...right...? :)

Mr. E said...

No Worries you'll get him another day! ;)

Bag Blog said...

I like the picture of the fish already fried and ready to eat - that is how I like to catch 'em.

~Country Girl~ said...

Hey Colten! Just wanted to say hi and see how you were doing. That's a big fish! lol I like fishing, My pole broke so I couldn't go. But now I've finally got a pole and can go! lol Well hope to see you soon!:}
Peace

Junk Diva said...

Great fish, I also like fish stories. Keep on fishing.

ChuckHopkins said...

Piper - I'd be glad to drive you just as soon as I get a permit or license.

Mi Madre - Me gusta comer tu cocina.

Sea-Gal - Glad to be your inspiration

Sr. E - Gracias for your encouragement

Bag - Wouldn't that be nice?

Punk - Pole problems are the worst

Diva - As long as there are fish to eat, I will keep fishing.