THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Starting Driver's Ed

Hello once again! I know I may have told you I had many ideas for topics to write about, but it seems that when I try to write, I forget everthing. After sitting and thinking about what to write, my mother decided to make it easier for me by assigning a topic, Driver's Ed.

Being just a few months over 15 1/2, I can now start my driver's education. I hadn't really thought about it until my mother brought up the subject, which left me quite surprised, considering that she didn't even let me ride in the front seat until recently.

Not quite sure of how DE worked, with me being homeschooled, we did a little research and found that my mother can actually teach me to drive (isn't that a scary thought?). First I'll take a written course and then onto the on-the-job-training. The cars we chose for driving are my mom's little roller skate and my aunt's monster Avalanche. I'm a little nervous about the size of the Avalanche though.

Once I've completed the required hours and tests I'll be able to get my Intermediate Driver's License. The IDL lets me drive by myself and with family, and the restrictions are: No multiple teen-age passengers and no driving between 11:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. unless it is for school, church, or work-related( not really sure why I would need to be anywhere for church or school that late though)

The idea of getting behind the wheel doesn't excite me much. I would rather have a chauffeur.
Although not having to hitch a ride to do stuff while my mom is working, is a plus. Anyway, pray for me and my mother. I'm sure we will both need large doses of patience.
Thanks for the read!

Blessing,
Colten

6 comments:

Bag Blog said...

One of the great things about homeschool is you can go at your own pace. First you get to ride in the front seat. Then you get to switch places with your mom...

Course of Perfection said...

LOL...Colt loves to tell people about the riding in the front thing. Truly, I cannot deny it. Sadly, I cannot even regret it. :^)

Me being stopped by the highway patrol for speeding last week gave us our first Driver's Ed lesson. #1 Do not exceed the speed limit.

mornin'lady said...

Wow a young man your age content to have a chauffeur, I'm amazed and thrilled at the same time. Jordan is 12 next month and he hounds me constantly about how the garbage bins need to be hauled or there's some brush out there in the back forty that needs to be hauled or he wants to move some lumber to another spot in the yard. All so he can drive the pickup!! What a blessing, your patience with life! And God bless all your drivers ed practices:)

Junk Diva said...

You will be a grea driver. Your Moms motives may be, "Oh, could you run down to the store for me?" I enjoyed that part of my kids learning to drive.

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

SG,

Glad to see you take up the keyboard again! I gotta say, for a 15 1/2 year old, homeschooling has done you a great service...you're a budding journalist. Perhaps not in the professional sense, in that it probably doesn't interest you, but you do express yourself well. Apply yourself to driving as you have in your grammar and writing...you'll do just fine.

Inquiries said...

I am with Jay, I am very impressed with your grammar and composition skills.

Good luck on the driving!

Hey we need to speak Spanish! I took two years in high school.