THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's Time for the Muppet Show!


Finally! I've finally received my Muppet Show DVDs ! A few weeks ago I ordered them off Amazon, and it took them a few days to ship and then about a week to get here. Upon getting the package from the postal lady, I was disgusted. The box was mutilated. It looked like it had sent through a wood chipper. I opened the box and the cases didn't look too bad, the edges just looked a little worn. Then I tried to open the DVDs. The plastic that held the DVDs was demolished. Needless to say, we had to send them back, and then wait another week.

Luckily, Amazon Customer Service was nice and helpful. I was relieved when they came in unharmed. I think the Muppets are just one of those things that people either love or hate. I, for one, really enjoy them. I think my favorite muppet would have to be the Swedish Chef, performed by Jim Henson doing the head and Frank Oz doing the hands. I also like Statler & Waldorf, the two old men who heckle everyone. That's all I got for now so I'll leave you with some memorable Muppet quotes.

"Is that a toupee you're wearing or did your cat die?"
-Statler

"I've got a permanent room in the home for the chronically groovy"
-Sgt. Floyd Pepper

"If I didn't know I was a genuis, I wouldn't even listen to the songs I write"
-Sgt. Floyd Pepper

"Ah, Beethoven. He's my favorite playwright"
-Sam the Eagle

Waldorf - "Just when you think this show is terrible something wonderful happens."
Statler - "What?"
Waldorf - "It ends."

9 comments:

Becky G said...

Ooooh, I love the Muppets! I used to get teased in high school because I still watched them. Now I'm old enough to have a son in high school, and I still watch them!

Inquiries said...

I have not watched the Muppets much. Maybe I should!

Course of Perfection said...

You won't believe this...I love the Muppets too!

Sea-gal said...

Guess what? I rank among the muppets lovers, too! I LOVE the Muppet Treasure Island movie and the Christmas Carol one. Muppets rock! (How scary is that?) :)

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

Funny, i never knew their names were Waldorf and Statler...they are by far my fave's.

Muppets rule.

Course of Perfection said...

Sea-Gal: Muppet Treasure Island is definitely one of my favorite movies! Tim Curry fits in with the Muppets perfectly.

Billy Bones death scene is outstanding. The black spot!!

Billy Bones: Beware, lads! Beware.

Jim Hawkins: What, the one-legged man?

Billy Bones: Aye. But also, beware runnin' with scissors or any other pointy object. It's all good fun, until somebody loses an - Ahhhh!

Also, classic Gonzo line -

Gonzo: One leg, Jim, count'em, one.

:^) :^)

Geek-I do wonder what sparked your fondness for the Muppets...

Bag Blog said...

My favorite is the Muppet Christmas Carol.

~Country Girl~ said...

I have to go with my mom, I love Muppet Treasue Island! I love that one! I haven't seen it in a long time. And the Christmas Carol. But then again.. I like them all!:} Gonzo's my favorite! I love him! and oh dang, I forgot his name.. oh.. The rat that he hangs with.. oh well I'll probably think of it later:} But I like him too:}

Course of Perfection said...

Check my meme...you've been tagged.